Diagnosis of the Disease

After Howie’s visit to the vet they decided to keep him for the day to do Xrays. This cost me around $400 because I didn’t have pet insurance yet. After a few hours I picked Howie up and waited until thy next day for the vet to call. She had bad news…he had the disease and would need very expensive surgery and anti-inflammatory medication until the surgery could be scheduled. The price quoted was from $2100-2800! I was shocked, scared, and sad for Howie but knew that he was a member of the family and would do the surgery so he wouldn’t have to suffer.

Here is a simple article explaining the disease (a warning its a little graphic in nature):